Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fantasy Folk

Phew, it has been a busy Easter Weekend trying to compose faces out of Fimo clay, and until now I have never been very successful, but in buying the right tools (as opposed to make do ones), and a book, and a patient partner, who did not moan about me sitting with the dinning room table cluttered full of clay for the weekend and with a little bit of patience thrown in, I think I just may be getting the hang of it.

This was my practice piece. It is not supposed to resemble anyone but have been told he looks vaguely familiar, poor soul!



This Wizard took me approximatley 4 hours to complete, I was really pleased with the result. It was also my first go at using an armature of wire, this was inserted up through his neck and went right to his toes. Previous models have usually had their heads held on with cocktail sticks, it works. Because his arms are so close to his body, no wire was required to hold them steady.


A close up of his face.


This is my Jester, very colourful, sitting holding his Jack-in-the-Box, which is just a little face on a piece of coiled wire stuck in his box. No armature was used on this peice, the main body and head were made out of one block of clay, first rolled into a ball and then gently rolled between thumb and index finger to form a divide for the head and body.
All in all not a bad weekend, clay wise that is.


















1 comment:

acrylik said...

Your latest creations are fantastic, and Pugsley and Peter are wonderful :)