Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas & New Year.

I just have to share with everyone the progress of a portrait I have commissioned. This is my partners Christmas and Birthday present, although a little late for Christmas but still in plenty of time for his birthday.

Sadly, in September of last year, Osker our rough collie died and we talked of having a portrait done. I spent a week or two looking over the Internet trying to find someone to do this and eventually found Laura up in Edinburgh who's work, to say the least is exceptional.
I will post the finished portrait when I receive it and have it framed.
If you would like to look at Laura's web site the link is below. It is worth checking out. Have a look into the gallery and be amazed at the detail.



We can't wait to see the finished portrait.

I did not get any crafting done over the Christmas Holidays, caught that horrible flu and shivered and ached through the holiday, recovered just in time to go back to work!

I got some lovely pressies from Santa, among them some Silver Art Clay, my daughters could not believe my Christmas present request, a fire brick and blow torch!

I think they thought I had gone a little mad.

I have managed a few pieces but did find it slightly difficult to get into the way of using it. It does dry out fairly quickly, however, a quick wipe with a little water helps but I did find myself rushing and consequently not getting the finish I wanted it but I will keep practising and hopefully get better.




My only other crafting endeavour was covering a book using the Fimo clay.

Because the book is made from chipboard you can cover it and put it into the oven and it will not warp. Now I just have to do something with the inside.













1 comment:

acrylik said...

Happy New Year!

The portrait of Osker is looking fantastic already, can't wait to see it when it is finished.

I just love your silver jewellery and the Fimo bound book is amazing!